In this episode, David Armstrong is joined by James Hughes. head of investment advisory at Live Oak Bank, to discuss how and why Live Oak became one of the earliest lenders to RIAs, helping facilitate succession plans and the rise of mergers and acquisitions. Hughes has a bird’s eye view on the RIA industry, peering into the details of the businesses his bank works with and shares insights into what makes a firm valuable in the eyes of the market.
- How SBA loans work within succession planning and M&A markets
- What type of loans Live Oak Bank offers to investment advisors
- How has the increase in competition changed the advisor landscape
- The future of M&A in a down market and possible recession
- How Live Oak responded to the flood of PPP loans it administered during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Connect With James Hughes:
Connect With David Armstrong:
About Our Guest:
James Hughes joined Live Oak Bank in 2013. Live Oak Bank specializes in lending to investment advisors for acquisitions, succession, working capital, refinance, breakaway or tuck-in and commercial real estate purchases.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed