In this episode, David Armstrong is joined by Gary Carrai, former financial advisor, co-founder of Fortigent with Steve Lockshin, and currently executive vice president of LPL Financial in charge of third-party technology partnerships. Gary discusses the evolving affiliation options LPL Financial has opened for financial advisors and how he views the fintech ecosystem around wealth management, where he thinks LPL will turn next for fintech partnerships and his views in Cryptocurrency and artificial intelligence as it relates to financial advice.
- His career in financial services, including his early days as an advisor and selling his technology firm to Fortigent to LPL.
- His current role overseeing wealth technology partnerships for LPL
- What many advisors get wrong about their technology stack
- The great bundled, to unbundled, to bundled again pendulum in technology ecosystems for independent advisors
- How COVID-19 impacted financial advisors’ decision-making
- LPL’s approach to cryptocurrency
Connect With Gary Carrai:
Connect With David Armstrong:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed