HolistiPlan’s planning software is an advisor-oriented tool that integrates a client’s tax return into their financial plan as a way to find more opportunities for “tax alpha.” The technology makes the tax analysis and planning process a scalable, structured procedure between advisors and their clients.
In this episode, David Armstrong, editor-in-chief of WealthMangement.com, speaks to HolistiPlan’s co-founder, Kevin Lozer about how he and his partner Roger Pine saw the need for the tool while running their own financial advisory firms; how they leveraged a small group of fellow advisors as beta testers and won an early XYPN fintech competition; and how they’ve expanded the software, and the team behind it, including bringing on board tax-planning guru Jeff Levine of Buckingham Wealth Partners as a tax-planning strategist.
You will learn:
- How the idea for HolistiPlan came about
- The big problem advisors have when it came to taxes and financial planning
- How winning the XYPN fintech competition put them on the map
- How HolistiPlan keeps up with ever-evolving tax codes
- The difference in software designed by advisors for advisors
- The future of the tax planning and software industry
Resources: WealthManagement.com | LPL Financial | LPL – Advisor Innovation | David Armstrong | HolistiPlan | Kevin Lozer on LinkedIn | Roger Pine on LinkedIn | Jeff Levine on LinkedIn | XYPN FinTech Competition | NAPFA
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed